Saturday, March 27, 2010

[Video] Onew's interview for musical "The Brothers were Brave" 100325



[Translation]

Multitalented entertainer Lee Jihoon! Sparkling SHINee’s leader Onew! We met the two lead actors of the heartwarming family musical “The Brothers Were Brave.” This is the site of “The Brothers Were Brave” practice room! Among the many musical actors there was an owner of an unusual pair of silver sneakers, and it was none other than SHINee’s Onew. How does Onew, who looked nervous throughout the practice, feel about his first musical challenge?

Onew: It is very important that acting is very natural and comes across… what was it?

Kim Jaeman: Are you asking me?

Onew: I don’t know what I’m saying.

Lee Jihoon: Ah, so cute, so cute.

Onew: Yes.

Lee Jihoon: He probably is nervous. He probably feels nervous and burdened.

Onew: Truthfully at first I was very nervous and didn’t know what I should do, but one by one the sunbaes began to teach me and during those times I grew confidence.

Lee Jihoon: So now you should try to control all your adlibbing.

Onew: I understand.

SJ’s Yesung and Sungmin, GG’s Jessica, his sunbaes from the same label who are musical seniors, what advice did they give him?

Onew: I met with Sungmin sunbae yesterday and he advised me to do well, and I haven’t met the other sunbaes yet because they are too busy.

Lee Jihoon: You guys must not pay attention to each other.

Onew: No, it’s not like that, like stangers…oh, oh, it’s not like that.

Lee Jihoon: Go look for them, go look for them.

Onew: Yes, later I will go look for them and listen to good advice.

“The Brothers Were Brave” is a family musical that depicts the episodes that occur as two brothers look for their inheritance from their father, a winning lottery ticket. Lee Jihoon, Onew, and TRAX’s Jay are triple cast in the role of negative and hot tempered younger brother Joobong.

Lee Jihoon: The character is a friend who is a bit rebellious and we are working to portray him coolly and levelly.

Onew: First off I am 22 years old. That’s 10 year age difference. As I took on the role of Joobong who is ten years older, I thought that it would be very difficult.

Kim Jaeman: Truthfully when Onew first joined us, he had to take on the role of the 30-something year old younger brother but he’s such a young friend and at first I was very anxious. But now as he keeps practicing I see that little by little the age is rubbing off on him. Now there are times when I do see him as being in his 30s. And then when we go to eat he appears like he’s in his 20s.

Onew: That’s a good thing, right?

Kim Jaeman: Yes, it’s good. It’s extremely good!

Onew: Thank you.

Lee Jihoon, who is sharing the role with young Onew, honestly speaks about his youthfulness.

Lee Jihoon: I guess I try to live youthfully and take care of my skin. In order to show there has to be a constant effort in order to maintain.

Jay: Really once when I was young, when I was just a regular student and he was in the midst of promotions and doing radio DJing, I went to see him and he looks exactly the same now as he did then. Really. Really.

Onew: In that case he was old-looking then, and young-looking now.

Looking at them during practice, they had such good teamwork. The members of “The Brothers Were Brave” have their own ways to build teamwork.

Lee Jihoon: Onew’s mother recently sent us pork and so in the practice room we cooked the meat and as we ate we exchanged stories and became closer.

Kim Jaeman: Hey, we should give greetings to his mother.

Everyone: Mother, thank you for the meat./We really enjoyed the meat./Thank you.

Lee Jihoon: If you send us meat again, we’ll enjoy it deliciously.

Kim Jaeman: Meat store daebak!

Jay: We like beef too.

Video Source: Randy19976s2 @ youtube

Credit: shakizi

Translation credit: live laugh love @ soompi



No comments:

Post a Comment